Benefits of District Cooling
District cooling is a superior alternative to conventional air conditioning as it helps reduce energy consumption and costs to both customers and governments alike, while also protecting the environment by cutting carbon dioxide emissions. Some of the advantages district cooling has over traditional air conditioning included :
- 50% less energy consumption
- Decreases initial capital investment and spreads costs over a longer period of time
- Annual maintenance costs are substantially lower
- Can store up to 30% of potential output by holding chilled water in reserve, therefore easily meeting demands in seasonal variations
- Equipment needs to be replaced only every 30 years – as compared to 15 years for traditional air conditioning
- Greater reliability due to the high standard, industrial equipment utilized and back-up chillers on stand-by
- Protects the environment by reducing CO2 emissions due to lower energy consumption
- District cooling systems are remotely located and therefore enhance real estate value by freeing up space for other uses
- Reduces the need for storage and usage of refrigerants on site making the site a safer and more environmentally sound environment
- Customers are guaranteed satisfaction and comfort, no matter what the external temperature is
- Significant reduction of vibration and noise problems
- The elimination of unsightly and noisy air conditioning units leavemore building and roof top space for other uses
-Reduction in the upfront capital costs by 40% - 50% due to eliminating the need for building chillers.
-Less financial risk and a far better return on investment, as well as the elimination of annual maintenance contracts and costs associated with the operation of chillers.